Before You run setup
I’ll not go through the DC install, or the SQL server 2008 install, but quickly lets talk about the pre requisites required to install SCCM 2012 RC1.
- Active Directory Domain Services (You need a Domain Controller)
- Schema Extensions for SCCM 2012 must be run before the setup. The application to run is called extadsch.exe and is found at this path: SCCMSetupSMSSETUPBINX64
- Computer Account of SCCM 2012 Server needs to have Full Control rights to the “System Management” Container.
- Note: If SCCM has never been installed in this domain (as in many lab scenarios), the “System Management” Container is not created under System, and needs to be manually created
- On a DC, Start, Run, adsiedit.msc, Connect to the Domain, Expand the domain and select CN=System
- Right click CN=System , New, Object…
- Select “Container” from the list
- Enter “System Management” in the Value and select Next
- Right Click “System Management” and select Properties, select the “Security tab
- SQL Server 2008 SP2 (this has changed from the SQL 2008 SP1 CU 10 or greater requirement from Beta 2). This can be on the same machine/VM as SCCM in lab.
- Note: A new check in the RC1 edition is that if the SQL server does not have a maximum memory value set, it will flag it as a warning during setup. To fix this, SQL server management studio can be used to set the maximum memory value
- On the Server where SCCM 2012 is to be installed, you need the following:
- .Net 3.5 and .Net 4.0
- WSUS 3.0 SP2 (if WSUS is installed on another server in the environment, the admin console should be installed on the SCCM server)
- Remote Differential Compression
- IIS WMI Compatibility Component
Now that all the requirements have been taken care of, its time to mount the ISO, you will be welcomed by the splash screen
The setup will complete and you are ready to install Sites and create a Hierarchy.